Pages

Monday, April 30, 2007

Cheesy Peasy Salad

This salad is one of our all time favorites. It's light and crispy but quite substantial as far as salads go. And so yummy! Company worthy for sure!

What you'll need:
4-6 cups bit sized greens (I like to use a combination of baby spinach, butter lettuce and iceburg)
3 green onions chopped
2 cups fresh or frozen peas (I don't precook them, though you can) If you try this with canned peas I'll be forced to cause you some sort of bodily harm.
1 1/2 cups swiss cheese grated
6-8 Tblsp. Mayonaisse
3 tsp. granulated sugar
5 slices crisp bacon (crumbled or chopped) -- If you try substituting bacon bits for the real deal... well, I promise not to hurt you but I will retract my company worthy rating of the salad!

What to do:
In large bowl layer half of every ingredient. Just sprinkle the sugar evenly and then plop the mayo in blobs on top of the first layer. Repeat the layers ending with the sugar and mayo and cover. Refrigerate for about two hours. Toss just before serving. Bacon can be withheld until after chilling. It will be crunchier this way.

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

I love it, Nan!!! The background color is awesome! Okay...off to add your button to my sidebar!!

Nan said...

Thanks Lindsey!! I'm looking forward to your croissant recipe!

Military Mommy said...

These sound amazing. Definitely in my "to try" folder. :)

Glad you enjoyed the tropical chicken salad. :)

Have a great Mother's Day,
Michelle

Mrs. H said...

Mmmm... Cheesy Peasy - hm, I don't really like peas, but this might be a good way to get some green veggies down! You said it's company-worthy - does that make it "potluck-worthy" as well? :-) Might have to bring it to my 4th July picnic at church. A cold side dish would be great.