Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Chicken Soup for the Sickies.

So since we all felt so awful tonight I decided that we needed chicken noodle soup. But I'm sorry, I have had enough of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. Those mealy noodles. Those little bits of chicken that look more like cat food. So, yes even though I felt like poo poo I made homemade chicken noodle soup. Kudos to my hubby for going to the store to get the needed ingredients.

Here's my recipe...

5 boneless skinless chicken thighs (could have bones and skin if you don't mind all the extra work... I'm sure there would be more nutrients in there) cut into bite size bits
30 oz. Chicken Broth
4 Cups water
1 large carrot peeled and thinly sliced
1-2 scallions chopped finely
1/2 tsp. salt (or a little more perhaps)
1/2 cup finely minced fresh parsley (don't even think of using dried!)
1/2 large bag or 1 small bag egg noodles

Put everything except for egg noodles into large saucepan/pot, bring to a rolling boil. Boil for a few minutes. Turn burner to low and cover. Simmer for approx. 20 minutes. Taste check for saltiness. If it needs more add it now. Then add the egg noodles and bring back to a boil. Once brought to a boil, turn burner back down to medium and cook until noodles are desired consistency, approx. 10 minutes.

This was just what the doctor ordered tonight. Hit the spot. Hopefully we'll get back to feeling human again and maybe I'll be my regular blogging self once again.

No comments: